Tuesday, July 24, 2012

AMERICA!

Tomorrow is the big day!  I am leaving this beautiful country to go back to my own country.  The emotions I'm feeling are confusing and make me kind of tired.  I have had one of the best summer's ever, but it's also been the hardest.  I have learned so much about myself, about Italy, the people here, family life in another culture, how hard English is, how hard Italian is, and lots about patience.  Those are just a few things that come to my mind...but I know that I will take away so much more than that.  I'm looking forward to my trip home and some time at home to just reflect on everything that I have gone through the last two and a half months.  I sit here, trying to think of everything, and it is so overwhelming.

It's been hard saying goodbye to my new friends and the people here.  Tonight I was playing one last football game with the boys and other neighborhood kids and I got a little emotional.  The kids here are so fun and quite funny.  I will miss how they always want me to play goalie because I am terrible at it (they like to see me try), and I will also miss their excitement when I make a goal (this did, in fact, happen often).  All of this to say that I will miss Italy a lot.  However, I miss my family even more and I cannot wait to see all of them!  The thought of getting to see them tomorrow makes me so happy!

Alas, I am very tired and I have a long day ahead of me...so that is all for tonight.  I'm sorry this is so short, but I know you all understand.  I will post a few pictures I've taken recently for you all!
Please pray for my journey tomorrow!  I will be heading out at 7am tomorrow, taking a train to Pisa Airport, then to London, Chicago, and then HOME! :)  Please pray for safety, sleep, and that I don't worry about it - everything will go smoothly!

Thank you so much for reading and praying!  It means so much to me!
Ciao!
Maddy
Feeding the fish at the park.

Gioele being silly.

Me and my friend Rachele at the Calidario.

Rachele's sister Veronica.

The beautiful Calidario!

Calidario.

No comments:

Post a Comment